Marine Corps League National Scholarship
Welcome to the Marine Corps League National Scholarship Page. The Scholarship application and requirements have been revised, so please review the requirements and application carefully.
A MINIMUM ‘B’ AVERAGE (OR EQUIVALENT ON GPA SCALE) IS NOW REQUIRED.
YOU ARE NOW REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT OR GRADE REPORT FOR VERIFICATION OF YOUR GPA.
If your application is approved, you will be notified by email or regular mail if no email is provided on or before 16 September 2015 (postmarked). Upon notification, you will be required to send proof of enrollment for fall of 2016 to be postmarked no later than 1 November 2015. Once all requirements have been received, your name will be submitted to the Marine Corps League Foundation for issuance of the scholarship award. The Foundation Treasurer will issue the Awards during the month of December 2015.
It is your total responsibility to ensure that all phases of the application are Completed and Signed, including the Sponsorship Section and the Detachment/Unit Information. A copy of your latest official transcript must accompany your application. Your application will not be considered should all of the requirements not be received by the committee. No application will be returned, so please make a copy of the application for your records.
Should you have any questions, click here and choose the appropriate field for MCL Scholarship. On behalf of the Marine Corps League and the National Scholarship Committee, we look forward to receiving your application, and we wish you the best in your future academic endeavors.
Albert A. Tamburrino
SCHOLARSHIP PURPOSE, ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
PURPOSE - To grant Scholarships to qualified applicants who are pursuing full time undergraduate or technical training at a full time recognized institution. Scholarships may be awarded for a maximum of four (4) years. (Does not have to be consecutive years.)
1. Spouses, Children, Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren and Step Children of a Marine Corps League or Auxiliary member in good standing.
2. Children of Marines who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
3. Members of the Marine Corps League or Auxiliary in good standing or honorably discharged Marines in need of rehabilitation training not provided by government programs.
NEW APPLICANT - The applicant has never been awarded a National Marine Corps League Scholarship.
RENEWAL APPLICANT - The applicant is a prior recipient of a National Marine Corps League Scholarship.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:
1. Complete and Sign the 2015 application.
2. Ensure that the sponsor information is complete and accurate.
3. Ensure that the Detachment/Unit information is complete and accurate.
NOTE: Applications incomplete, for any reason, will not be considered nor will they be returned for completion.
1. Applications must be postmarked by 1 July 2015.
2. No Letters of Recommendation are required.
3. The Committee will strictly observe eligibility requirements and compliance.
4. All decisions by the Scholarship Committee are final and will not be subject to review.
ALL SPONSORS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. They must be a member in good standing in the Marine Corps League or Auxiliary.
2. They must provide all sponsor data on the application as required and noted.
3. In the event that the Commandant/President of the Detachment/Unit is the sponsor, the Detachment Senior Vice or the Unit Senior Vice must approve and sign the eligibility requirement.
4. The Detachment Commandant/Paymaster of the Unit President/Treasurer must ensure and verify that the sponsors are eligible.
5. Provide the Detachment/Unit name and address.
FOR MEMBERS AT LARGE: PLEASE INSERT 'MAL' INTO EACH BOX FOR #18-#22
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 1 JULY 2015 AND MAILED TO:
MARINE CORPS LEAGUE - NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
P.O. BOX 3070
MERRIFIELD, VA 22116-3070